Friday, October 7, 2011

Kiddo spaces

Wyatt's nursery was also Jillian's nursery.  I did everything as neutral as I could so that I could use it all again, plus I love Winnie the Pooh!  Since the kiddos grow up so fast, I want to remember their rooms the way they are now.

The nursery is so very dear to me because my late mother helped me do so much of it.  My grandfather painted all the walls this light green color and  I found coloring pages on the internet and mom hand drew them on the walls.  My sister, (Jo-Jo), my memmaw, and I help paint all the pictures.  Here's what it looks like now as Wyatt's room.










Jillian moved into her big girl room this past winter.  We knew Wyatt was coming in the spring and she was growing fast out of her crib/toddler bed.  So she got this white day bed for Christmas from her Papa.  The room was already painted this color from when it was the spare room.



We added a few polka dots and bought some new bedding.



Found this great storage cubical at Target, on sale after Christmas last year, and filled it with all her toys!  She also has a book case in the corner full of books, and a tall dresser which her tv sits on top of.


These pictures were actually taken a while ago so some things are different now but you get the idea.  I know Miss Jillian loves her room because that's where she is 99 percent of the time!  As for Wyatt, I'm not sure yet if he notices the murals on his walls but he will and I'll have the joy of telling him his GiGi painted that room and filled it with her creativeness and love!!


Have a great weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. Both rooms are so cute! Great job, mama:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all of us painting the pictures that mom drew on the walls. Jillian would have thought that was the coolest thing ever! I know you are glad we got to do that with mom, it makes the nursery that much more special. Jillian loves her room too. All of the colors are just what she needed for her room!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, I love your comments, and I love to reply, but cannot if you are set to "no reply."
So to change this....
Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES!
You won't be showing the world your email address just those you leave a comment to. THANKS!!!