Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"It's Fall Ya'll" Party

Every year for the past 4 or 5 years, Randy and I have hosted a fall party at our house in October.  The first one we had turned out to be so much fun, we decided to make it a tradition, and if you know me, you know I LOVE my traditions!!

We enjoyed my Chili, PB & J sandwiches, lots and lots of cookies, White Chicken Chili, compliments of Kimmie, it was delicious, caramel apples, thanks Ms. Cassie, and hot caramel apple cider with s'mores!  Activities included eating, a hayride through the back roads, pumpkin painting and sitting by the fire talking with friends!




Russel and Sam, Ann's boys and Sam's friend Dougie, sat in the front of the hayride.  Sam and Dougie both wore shorts, not sure if they knew how cold a hayride can get!!





Meet Ann, my daddy's fiance, and my dad.  They dressed up real cute for the party.  She held Wyatt in his monkey blanket and he feel asleep.





Mason and Jillian, sat beside each other on the hayride.  Watch out daddy, Jillian has a boy....friend!





Jillian and I being silly on the hayride, and Laney who hates pictures actually got in on this one!!



Cassie holding Wild Cat Fan Noah


This is my bestie, Cassie you met her in a previous post called Party Time, she was the momma to the Princess who turned 3.  We've been besties since high school!  Her and her family always come out and help us celebrate fall.


Jillian and Mason


There's a huge corn field right behind our house, and these two just couldn't resist playing in it.  Mason belongs to some friends of ours that go to church with us and his Daddy went to high school with Randy and I.  Jillian and Mason are only a couple of months apart in age, and they play so well together!  It's amazing the difference in Boy/Girl play and Girl/Girl play!


His bib says it all these days!


Wyatt man finishing his dinner so we could go on the hayride.  I have to post though that he made me lie!  I just posted last week that he didn't have stranger anxiety yet but boy was I wrong, he wouldn't hardly let anyone hold him, only Mason's daddy Keith, and Ann, my Dad's fiance (whom he know's and you met earlier).



The kids and Ann getting ready for the Hayride!


The sun has set, and the kids were getting bundled up all ready for the hayride!






Randy was so excited this year, he got a friend to loan us this tractor, just for the hayride.  I have to say it did make a world of difference.  We usually just pull the wagon with Randy's truck.  He said he also enjoined the tractor over the truck because he felt like he was able to see us and hear better.





Big Red decided he would join us this year, Thank You Brandi for holding on to him and not letting him jump off!!  I think he had fun getting out of the yard for a chance!





My girls!  This is me, with the wind blown bangs, Kimmie, all bundled up and Cassie looking all sly!





We all gather around the campfire after the hayride and skewer up some marshmallows to make s'mores and drink hot caramel apple cider.  Perfect for the great fall weather we had.




The kids painted pumpkins inside the smokey garage.  Don't worry, we weren't exposing them to second hand smoke, well the cigarette kind, the flu on the wood stove in the garage was all stopped up and we didn't know it at the time!  We had the doors open for ventilation but the camera could still capture the smoke left over.





They were some serious painters!  Good tip for painting, I use pill containers, you know the ones that have the days on them, and fill each kid one with all different colors of paint.  That way there is enough to share and everyone has there own paint, because that's important!




Miss Jillian was concentrating very hard.  It's funny though, all the kids just glopped paint on their pumpkins, no real drawings or faces.




OOHH, scary teeth!!  (And eyes, oops!)






Why they love those things I don't know but they do.  This is Blake, Cassie's oldest, also known as my first baby, just ask him!!  He and Jillian played a fun banter game of "My Mommy", no "My Mommy".  It was cute!





This one is Wyatt's pumpkin, didn't he do a fantastic job!  Okay, just kidding, I painted it but it was his pumpkin!  Mine had rotted on the bottom, yuck!





Jo-Jo got in on the action, painting her a pumpkin and Noah one too!  He was already in bed.





Randy and I and our foster dog, Roxy.  





The warm, glowing fire!








The kids jumped on the trampoline in the dark.  Jillian's hood wouldn't stay on so Blake put her winter hat on instead.  He's such a good little helper!





B.B. and Angie, his name being Brian Bohannon, but Jillian has always called him B.B. for short.  I think it's cute!






Uncle Alex looking more than thrilled with me and Uncle Andy bring Jo-Jo some Cider!






Jo-Jo and Andy, so cute!  You may have thought he didn't exist, because I always talk about her and Noah and not him, but alas he appeared that night.  He runs a golf course and had weird hours, so it's rare we get graced by his presence! 





Me and the bestie!  Please excuse this horrible picture of me and my pooched out jacket!





This is Alex, I was trying to get a picture of him, with the marshmallow on fire in front of his face, but the camera doesn't show the fire.  Darn, we tried this I don't know how many times!




Here he is blowing it out, sorry Alex I still didn't get it!!





It was a beautiful fall day, but a chilly fall night.  So we bundled her up.




Roasting marshmallows, can you smell them...ummm!




We had a blast with our family and friends!  Thanks to all who came out and helped.  We'll have to do it again next year!!!

1 comment:

Make me smile, I love your comments, and I love to reply, but cannot if you are set to "no reply."
So to change this....
Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES!
You won't be showing the world your email address just those you leave a comment to. THANKS!!!