Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mid-week updates

I've been playing with my blog this week and moving things around, so I've gotten a little behind on posting!  We've had several things going on around here and I thought I'd share.

 Last week I had some major concerns about Jillian and Preschool, if you didn't get a chance, you can read about them here.  I called to express my concerns to the lady in the office and she suggested a conference with Jillian's teacher.
 I was so nervous, but anxious at the same time.  And I really wasn't sure how things were going to go, but surprisingly I felt so much better afterwards.  She did inform me she wasn't the kind of teacher that "helps" the child to do something, instead she shows them how and gets them to do it.  I was afraid that this was a little harsh, but it does seem to work.
 She also asked if she could have Jillian screened for her speech, and I agreed. Jillian has been able to talk since she was very young, her first word was MaMa at only 5 1/2 months.  But for some reason her speech hasn't gotten very clear.  Sure, we can understand her and other people who have been around kids can understand her too.  What's funny is she has actually started speaking more clear in just the last 2 1/2 weeks being in Preschool.

Wyatt is so close to crawling, so close.  He gets in the position and rocks back in fourth but no go.  He sure can get around though.  Rolling and scooting backwards he's a pro at!  He can even get into his toy box if he wants, check out the pic below.



I finally made something this weekend!  Paci clips!  When Jillian was a baby, I ordered some on the internet, but realized they were pretty simple and I could make them myself.  With the help of my Memmaw, we made several even some I sold at craft shows.  But most of them girly, even the ones at the time I thought were boy like, I now would not put on my boy!  Here are the two I made for Wyatt and Noah.




A close up of my stitching!  My next project is a tutu for Jillian's school Valentine dance next week!  Fingers crossed it comes out well!!  I'll post when I get it finished!

I want to say Welcome, to all my new followers!!  And thanks to all for taking the time to read what I write!

Have a Great week!!

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the clips. It is great to have a memmaw that can help with the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clips are great! I thought I'd make some myself too, but I haven't yet, now have I?!?! Maddie has 400 pacis but only likes 2.of them, so you'd think I'd get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute clips! I love them! glad she's doing alittle better with school!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, I love your comments, and I love to reply, but cannot if you are set to "no reply."
So to change this....
Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES!
You won't be showing the world your email address just those you leave a comment to. THANKS!!!