Monday, May 21, 2012

Wyatt @ 12 Months/1 Year Old

Wow, that is so weird to write.  Wyatt turned one year old on May 13th.  It's still so hard for me to wrap my brain around.  I never understood why people always said that time flew by.  That is until now.  After having kids of my own, I totally understand and relate to that statement.


This is my little guy.  Mr Happy!  But taking pictures has become a chore!!  Keeping him still long enough to get a pic was nearly impossible!  He is a mover and a shaker.  He is not walking yet, but I think it's right around the corner.  He is cruising around and holding fingers to walk around.



He has grown so much over this past year, from weighing 8 pounds 11 ounces at birth to weighing 26.3 pounds at 1 year old.  He was 20 1/4 inches long at birth and now 31.5 inches long now!  He is a big, healthy boy.  He is in the 95th percentile in weight and in the 90th percentile for length.  My "little" guy is wearing sizes 18 months to 24 months in clothes.  He is wearing size 3 to 4 in shoes, now that he has to wear shoes to daycare.  And size 4 in diapers.  He has 6 teeth in, 4 top and 2 bottom, but there are 2 on the bottom cutting through at the same time.  Luckily, he's a very good teether!  His hair is getting fuller and curlier, especially when he gets hot.  It's kind of cute!!  He is a great sleeper, sleeping from 8pm to about 6:45am.  He usually takes at least one nap if not two.  Usually lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.



We have officially weaned from breastfeeding.  It really was a bitter sweet ending.  We both loved the experience but all good things come to an end, and it was our time.  I knew I wanted to nurse for one year and I was so excited that we met that expectation.  He really became hard to keep interested towards the end.  The last few months he would get so distracted while nursing.  I started weaning at 10 1/2 months, he just wasn't nursing very much or very long at times, or one side and not the other.  It worked out well for both of us.  I also weaned him from the bottle at the same time.  He now drinks his milk from a sippy cup.  He hasn't even missed the bottle.  He does however still drink breast milk.  I had so much frozen that we're still pulling it out of the deep freeze.  I have also been giving him whole milk as well.  He doesn't seem to have a preference.  He is also a very good eater!  I know, you couldn't tell, right!?!  He will pretty much eat anything you put in front of him.  Some of his favorites are: strawberries, bananas, cheerios, carrots, corn, green beans, peas, chicken, mashed potatoes and gold fish.  He is a very messy eater.  I always wonder how much he really ate.



He is starting to point to things and in his language ask, "what's this".  It's the cutest thing ever.  And it never gets old.  He will point to everything, from the light on the ceiling to a towel on the floor.  When I'm in the kitchen or in the bathroom getting ready he likes to pull up on my pants and hang on.  It's so sweet.  He is getting more and more verbal these days as well.  Although not all of what he says is understandable, his vocabulary thus far consists of: Dada, Momma, Sissy, Jo-Jo, kitty, all done, hi, bye bye, and what's this.

Baby boy,

You are my heart and soul.  You have completed our family.  Being a mom to you and your sister is the best job in the world, not the easiest but definitely the most rewarding.  You are so loving, sweet and so patient, (most of the time).  I love how much I love you.  I knew I would, but never could I have ever known the great joy that you have given me, and our family.   I love how much you love me and your daddy.  And your sister, and your Aunt Jo-Jo, cousin Noah, Papa, your Memmaw and GP and your Mammaw Helen.  You have so much to give and we all love you very much.  I know you are going to grow up and be a very kind person.  I am so proud of you.  I love every minute of you growing up, even if it does make me sad at how fast it's going.  I love you baby boy!

Love Mommy

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet post....they grow so fast.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! We love Wyatt too, he is so much fun. Watching him grow up is so exciting......soon enough he will be walking, then running! Great post...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, I love your comments, and I love to reply, but cannot if you are set to "no reply."
So to change this....
Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES!
You won't be showing the world your email address just those you leave a comment to. THANKS!!!