Sunday, August 14, 2011

3 Months



         Wyatt is 3 months old!!  Boy does time fly!


PERSONALITY

 Even though he is only 3 months his personality has developed, and what a delightful baby he is.  This baby wakes up happy, smiling and laughing every day.  Most days his sitter says he doesn't cry at all but  he does have his certain cries, the hungry, the tired and the please pick me up cry.  He loves to watch his sissy do anything and laughs and smiles at her all the time.  He is also a snuggler, he loves to be cradled and next to you, I love it!


GROWTH

I weighed him yesterday and he was up to 16.4 lbs, that's up 2 pounds from last month!  Since he doesn't go back to the doctor until next month, I'm not sure on how long he is this month.  He wears size 2 in diapers, and is wearing 3-6 month clothes, for now! 


FEEDING/SCHEDULE

Wyatt's day usually begins around 5:30am-6ish with his first feeding in my bed, I nurse him.  He is still sleeping in our room in his bassinet,and I'm not ready to move him yet!  He then lays in the boppy and babbles and laughs while mommy gets ready, then it's his turn.  He might take a nap, especially if I'm home, we go back to sleep!  When I work though, he goes to his sitters.  He then eats again around 10am, about 6oz.  Plays for a while, either in his bouncy chair or swing, then it's off to dreamland for a couple of hours.  Usually he has to be waken to eat around 2 to 2:30pm, (I know never wake a sleeping baby, but momma gets full!), taking another 6oz.  He plays for a while, sometimes takes a small nap, then nurses around 6pm.  He usually stays awake for an hour to an hour and a half, playing in his baby mat, bouncy or just talking to mom and dad!  Bedtime is around 7:30pm to 8pm.  He likes to be swaddled, using the Aden & Anais muslin blankets , (thank you fellow mommy blogger Rachel for that tip), and rocked until he's good and a sleep, then this is the best part, he sleeps in his crib until his night time bottle with Daddy!!  Jillian didn't do this until she was 6 months old, up until then she slept in a swing for the first part of the night.  I soooo take advantage of this time, 9pm, 2 kids sleeping, I can get a few things done!  (Usually blogging, or fb, sometimes house work :()  He then sleeps from 11pm to our day starts again around 5:30am-6.




SMILESTONES   (Thanks to my cuz for this word, love it)

This month Wyatt has learned to talk, okay, yeah right but he does do the baby babble, all the time.  I love it, and he loves to be talked too!!  He's been smiling for a while, but now he can smile on demand, you know when mommy talks in that silly voice or makes a funny face!  He pays so much attention to his big sister and laughs at her, no matter what she's doing.  Oh and the biggest smilestone.....wait for it.....he rolled over!!!   Yay!!  I put him in his crib on his belly, a little tummy time, so he could see his crib toy while I took sister to the potty and came back in no more than 3 minutes and he was on his back.  I tried it again yesterday, and boom he did it again, while I was in the potty with Miss Jillian.  Silly me, where was the camera.  So I put him back on his belly grabbed the camera and right on cue he did it again.  So, without futher adue, here's Wyatt!!





ACTIVITIES

Wyatt loves his Rain-forest Bouncer, it was Jillian's.  He likes watching the lights and listening to the nature music!  He also has a tummy time mat that he likes for a few minutes and a play mat with a billion toys hanging from it.  Sometimes he hangs out in the swing and has been known to fall asleep in there on occasion.  But he really loves sitting in your lap face to face and talking.  Doesn't even matter what it's about, he likes it!





Hope that puts a smile on your face, it does mine every day!  Have a great week!!

















2 comments:

  1. Love the post and the video works great! Had a great time last weekend can't wait to see everyone again this weekend! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the video. You were lucky to get him to roll over. Usually you get the camera and they won't do anything they were just doing minutes ago. Kind of like getting him to smile at the end of your video. I am sure he had been smiling right before that, but bring out the camera and.....
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, I love your comments, and I love to reply, but cannot if you are set to "no reply."
So to change this....
Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES!
You won't be showing the world your email address just those you leave a comment to. THANKS!!!